Pocket diapers, much like All-In-Ones, are as easy to use as disposables! They consist of a waterproof outer layer (cover) sewn to an internal layer that will wick moisture away from your baby's skin. An absorbent insert is stuffed between these two layers.
When your baby pees, the moisture travels through the inner fabric and is absorbed by the insert, leaving only the inner touching your baby's skin; hence, keeping your baby's bottom dry and free of rash.
They're perfect for daycare and/or babysitters because of the simplicity of these diapers.
- Has elastic at legs and waist holds well
- Parents can adjust the absorbency by selecting different inserts, and depending on what inserts are used, the diaper may be very trim.
- They are very easy to change.
- The synthetic inner liner often made from thin fleece or suede cloth, wicks moisture away and keeps the bottom dry
- Pocket diapers tend to be sensitive to detergent build up which can temporarily decrease the effectiveness of waterproof barrier.
- The inner layer cannot be reused throughout the day after it is soiled the pocket diaper must be replaced and a new diaper must be used.
- When potty training, the synthetic stay-dry inner may prevent the child from learning to use the potty since he cannot sense when he/she is wet.